Ten Questions to Ask your Landscape Architect
Following up my conversation with Stephen Suzman and Lisa Guthrie, I asked them to walk a mile in the Owner's moccasins.
I asked them,
What are the ten questions you would pose to your landscape architect?
- How will you figure out what I REALLY want?
- How will you convince me what the site tells you it wants?
- How much of the program will be what I tell you I want and how much of the program will be what the site tells you it wants?
- How long will this really take to complete?
- How much will this really cost to complete?
- Who am I going to work directly with in your office? What are my choices? Why is this person the best fit for my project?
- Do you have a good relationship with a contractor who could provide reliable pricing information and guarantee this price working from DD drawings?
- What other contractors do you usually work with?
- Have you worked in this town before? Do you have a good relationship with the planning and building department?
- Do you like Agapanthus or Lantana? (if so, you are fired!)
- Do you source/review material before it is delivered to the project site?